Zaheeda (Zee) Virani, Psy.D., Psychologist received her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Adler University in Chicago with a dual emphasis in Child & Adolescent Psychology and Advanced Adlerian Psychotherapy. She completed her postdoctoral residency at Children’s Program and her internship at Pacific University’s Pacific Psychology & Comprehensive Health Clinic providing both assessment and therapy services. Her predoctoral experiences included community mental health, therapeutic day school and developmental clinic settings. Zaheeda has experience working with children and their families from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds. Her particular interests include working with young children with emotional and behavioral challenges such as ADHD, ASD and ODD. Her other interests include adolescents managing depression and anxiety, as well as siblings of children with medical or mental health diagnoses. Zaheeda aims to meet clients where they are given their unique biopsychosocial backgrounds. Her treatment approach typically incorporates behavioral/cognitive-behavioral and Adlerian interventions. She is also a certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator (CPDPE).
No posts found.
Body Scan Meditation
- Privacy and Internet Safety
- Helpful parent guides on a variety of media-related topics pertinent to raising children in today's society
- Breathing Exercises
- Resources related to navigating learning, emotion, social and behavioral concerns
- Articles on understanding, requesting and initiating assessment evaluations
- Articles, guides and other resources on common mental health concerns in children